Great Circle Code of Ethics
Because we take very seriously our responsibility to those we serve, all Great Circle employees are required to behave in a way that protects and respects our clients and their families. This code guides how we deliver care each day.
- Carefully consider the client’s needs before agreeing to provide services, and provide those services in the least restrictive setting.
- Respect and promote the right of clients to self-determination and will assist them in their efforts to identify and clarify their goals.
- Obtain informed consent for treatment services delivered to clients, and educate children and families about the range of services available to meet their needs.
- Provide services only within the boundaries of our competence, and strive to broaden and strengthen competency within the organization.
- Strive to ensure that documentation in records is accurate and reflective of the services provided.
- Respect all of our clients’ right to privacy and protect the confidentiality of the information, unless compelling professional or legal reasons demand otherwise.
- Make efforts to ensure continuity of care from previous treatment, while in our treatment programs, and upon termination of our services.
- Take adequate measures to discourage, prevent, expose and correct the unethical conduct of colleagues.
- Be alert to and avoid conflicts of interest that interfere with the exercise of impartial judgment and sound business practices.
- Not participate in, condone or be associated with dishonesty, fraud or deception.
- Accurately represent the official and authorized services and positions of the organization.
- Ensure our fees are fair, reasonable and commensurate with services performed, and to the extent feasible, will consider the client’s ability to pay.
- Establish and maintain billing practices that accurately reflect the nature and extent of services provided, and specifically by whom the services are provided.
- Advocate for the adequate resources to meet client needs.
- Not practice, condone, facilitate, or collaborate with any form of discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, political belief, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, or any other factor prohibited by law, nor does Great Circle provide services which are different, segregated, or which require special conditions of eligibility for services because of race, ethnicity, national origin, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, political belief, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, or any other factor prohibited by law.
- Promote the general welfare of society, and engage in social and political action to ensure that all persons have equal access to treatment services needed.